Pages

Monday, July 23, 2012

Almost There and New Running Partner


So as promised, I did my Monday weigh in today.  I weighed 186!  I have 1 more lb to go until I reach my 100 lb mark.  For the next two weeks (the final two weeks in my 30 good days) I will be working hard to lose some more weight so I can stabilize at and below 185.  There is still some fat to lose and I am planning on taking the winter months after the marathon to really work on fitness and cut back on the running then.

On a more running oriented note, this past week I started running with a new partner... NPR.  I will admit that I believe I am addicted to NPR.  I listen to it all the time and if you are around me, the words 'so I was listening to NPR and...' come out plenty of times throughout the day.  My friend Doug who I met in Israel mentioned before that he ran to pod-casts or books on tape.  I decided to run to NPR this past Saturday during my long run.  Great idea!

I ended up listening to the news for the first twenty minutes and then Car Talk came on for the last hour of the run.  It was funny, intriguing and great.  Something that I dont always need to pay attention to but to pop in and out of was great.  I really enjoyed it and even ran to NPR for my 3 mile run today with Cody.

Cody is coming along well.  We ran again today for 3.25 miles.  It was a pretty slow pace after the first half but he is slowly going to get better and better!  He seems to enjoy it so we will keep on working.  He seems to get really worked up while running and tends to bark and other dark meanly or other passerby'ers (I am making up words... yes) occasionally.  It is something I am trying to reel in but will do some research on this week to see what others say.

Week three is in progress!  Stay classy Cleveland, Ohio!

No comments:

Post a Comment