Pages

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Sign Me Up!

I had a really good training week this past week.  It was quite hard to push through at a point but made it through.  A quick recap of the work:
Monday - 3 miles
Tuesday - 1 mile warm up, 3x 1 mile runs, 1 mile cool down
Wednesday - Off
Thursday - 7 miles
Friday - 10.5 miles
Saturday - 15.5 miles
Total -41 miles

With such a good week, I am going to start running with a watch again to really work towards the marathon. I even ran today and made my 3 miles in 19:20 which was pretty good.  The biggest part of all this is that now I will be signing up for the marathon.  Baltimore Marathon, here I come!

Baltimore Marathon Running Festival 2012

Before I sign up for the marathon, I have started to look through their charity pages.  I have never tried to run for a charity before and am interested in learning more about it.  The one that really caught my eye was the Best Buddies charity that worked on inclusion in schools and professional positions.  I sent them an email and am waiting to hear back on more information.

Best Buddies Maryland Charity

I am going to poke around a few blogs too and ask some fellow runners if they have ran for charities in the past and why they chose who they did.

Stay classy Cleveland, OH

1 comment:

  1. glad to hear you had a great week too!! I recommend running for charity at some point. It makes the experience more special when you are also doing something for others.

    ReplyDelete