Pages

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Five Goals To Marathon Day

One thing I have prided myself on for some time has been my goal oriented self.  I carry around a goal sheet in my wallet for the past few years of long term goals I have wanted to accomplish.  Out of the 10, I am very proud and happy to say I have 3ish to go (ish... maybe will explain at a later point).  In preparation for the Baltimore Marathon in just over 30 days, I have thought about what it means to me and what I want to accomplish.

With this, I came up with five goals I want to accomplish by the end of the Baltimore Marathon.  Again with my same goal regulations of they have to be tangibly attainable goals, not 'moral' goals.

1. Eat well for 30 days up to the marathon.

Yea, yea, some days I eat well... but honestly most days I tend to drift the other way.  All the running I do helps maintain my weight though which is good and I am happy to say I am yet to put on weight.  I read a fair amount into how eating well allows better running and overall fitness.  I want to be as fit as I can come marathon day and so leading up to the marathon I will take care of my body food wise for 30 days real well.

2. Race day weight of 175
This is the loftiest goal out of the five.  It means losing around 10 lbs which I believe is possible.  Especially with eating well and taking care of myself for 30 days I think it is going to happen.  It will be super hard but if it wasn't hard, what would be the point?  Having a lighter race day weight will also make it easier to run and again, I want to be in super duper shape.  It is possible!

3. Run one 5k race previous to the marathon
I haven't had a chance to run any of the races I planned to heading up to the marathon.  I really enjoy the races and miss them.  In an attempt to really work on this one, I am already signed up for the Shaker Nature Center 5k on the 24th I believe, next Saturday.  If all goes well, I want to break 20 minutes again... maybe even 19:00.

4. Do 30 strait pushpins
If there is one thing I lack at, it is upper body strength.  Since I started my run training, I have really lacked in the muscle toning.  If every day I work on some abs and push-ups, I think no problem I can hit 30 push-ups in a row after 30 days.  I can also work on some new exercises for my app development... more on that in the future...

5. Finish the Baltimore Marathon
I was originally thinking finish the marathon sub 3:30... but that was my goal for the Cleveland Marathon and I know how that ended up... I will start with just the ideal of finishing a marathon, and I WILL.

Anyone else really goal oriented?  Any goals they want to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment